Here’s a twist on the raw brownie batter balls I posted recently. You’ll like these if you go nuts over the combination of chocolate and nut butter and if you fancy your desserts intensely rich. I adapted this recipe from the Raw Carob Almond Cookies in Get it Ripe.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. pitted dates, soaked in 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. warm water for 30 min.-1 hour
- 3/4 cup raw cocoa powder, plus extra for rolling
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter
- pinch of salt
- drop of vanilla extract
- Blend soaked dates with their soaking water in a food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Mix in cocoa powder, and then mix in almond butter. Add just a touch of salt and vanilla. Place batter in refrigerator for 30 min. to an hour (or overnight).
- Form batter into walnut-sized balls and roll in cocoa powder. Enjoy at room temperature or cold from the refrigerator or freezer.
Yield: 25 truffles