I adapted this recipe for roasted sweet potatoes from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. If you haven’t checked out this book, I recommend it, if just for the recipes and the beautiful photos. This dish was one of the first I tried from the book, and it really impressed me. It’s such a simple recipe, but the flavor is very complex.
Cuban-Style Roasted Sweet Potatoes — adapted from The Kind Diet
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes in a bowl with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes evenly on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Toss the roasted potaotes in a bowl with garlic and lime juice. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve warm. These taste great on their own and in these lentil tacos!
It’s still hot, so I’ve been drinking a lot of lemonade. I decided to spice things up a bit tonight and made strawberry lemonade instead. I always wondered what made pink lemonade pink. In this case, it’s the strawberries!
Strawberry Agave-Sweetened Lemonade
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed and with tops cut off
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- filtered water
Blend strawberries to a puree in a blender of food processor. Add strawberry puree, lemon juice and agave nectar to a 1-quart glass jar. Fill to the top with filtered water. Serve cold. Enjoy!