It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on here. I’ve been busy with work, new temporary additions to the family (pictures below), and my 23rd birthday! I’m getting old…or at least I’m feeling old around here with a two month old kitten by my side. I don’t have a new recipe to share, so I thought I’d mention a few new vegan options I’ve discovered in St. Louis over the past month or so. I’ve actually been finding lots of new vegan-friendly restaurants lately. Yay for vegan food!
1. Foundation Grounds Coffee House and Cafe in Maplewood — delicious vegan treats (including vegan cheesecake!), agave-sweetened lattes, and lavender lemonade. This is quickly becoming my favorite hangout.
2. Local Harvest Cafe — vegan options during lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekend — I love their vegan enchiladas, chorizo pot pie, and stuffed french toast. They also make a delicious vegan chocolate chip cookie.
4. Pho Grand — lots of vegetarian options for a reasonable price!
5. Cafe Natasha — they have an entirely separate vegan menu. Try the hummus bar during happy hour on Tuesday — all you can eat hummus for $10.
The rest of the “things” are non-food related…skip if you’re just here for the food, but you probably don’t want to miss #6.
6. Introducing Sunny, my itty bitty Tenth Life foster kitten. He’s currently sleeping with his head on my keyboard. I can’t take his cuteness! I’m also fostering a momma cat, Kimi, and her baby, Balor.
7. I saw my first movie (Super 8 — really good!) at the Moolah Theatre, a movie theater with loveseats in place of the usual movie seats. I recommend getting there early in order to grab one of the loveseats. I don’t think I’ll ever see another movie in a “regular” theater again so long as I’m in St. Louis. There’s also an attached bowling alley. Cool, huh?
9. I’m about to settle in for the night with The Shawshank Redemption and a pint of Coconut Bliss Chocolate Walnut Brownie ice cream. You understand now why I don’t have enough time for a full blog post 😉
10. In honor of my birthday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh44QPT1mPE
I’m working on a lavender lemonade recipe to keep you cool this summer — will post soon! xoxo