This granola recipe was adapted from “Roco’s Granola” in jae steele’s Get it Ripe (a fabulous cookbook which I probably use more often than any other cookbook). This was my first time making granola, and I was extremely excited to realize that it’s so easy to make — and way cheaper than the store-bought kind! I store my granola in a glass Ball jar. Serve with homemade almond milk or your favorite nondairy milk.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil + extra to grease pan
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly oil 2 1/2-3 qt. casserole dish.
- Combine oats, bran, germ, brown rice syrup, molasses, almonds, oil, seeds, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven to stir a few times while baking.
- After removing from oven, mix in dried cranberries. Enjoy!