There’s nothing like a big bowl of steaming oatmeal when you’ve got a cold and still have to, you know, get up and go to work. This hearty breakfast will give you the energy you need to make it through the day and will be soothing on your throat.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- scant 2 cups water
- handful of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- handful of cashew pieces
- a few generous sprinkles of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- a drop of vanilla extract
- a drizzle of blackstrap molasses
- a drizzle of maple syrup, to taste (optional)
- a drizzle of nondairy milk, to taste (optional)
Put all ingredients except maple syrup and nondairy milk in a saucepan over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking, for about 8 minutes, until nice and creamy. Drizzle maple syrup and nondairy milk on top at the end, if desired, and add an extra sprinkle or two of cinnamon.
Now you’re ready to conquer the world. Or save, destroy, the world’s your oyster!
Yield: 1 serving