Bundles are a great “anytime” treat I learned about in Dreena Burton’s Vive le Vegan! A cross between a muffin and a cookie, you can enjoy them for breakfast, a snack or even dessert. This recipe is wheat-free, using rolled oats and oat flour, and doesn’t take long to prepare. I adapted the recipe from the Banana Oat Bundles in Vive le Vegan!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundles — wheat-free, adapted from Banana Oat Bundles in Vive le Vegan!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour (I grind the flour myself using rolled oats and a spice grinder)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup pureed overripe banana (about 2-3 bananas; use a food processor/blender for this)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-3 1/2 tbsp. nondairy butter (I used Earth Balance) or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease two cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Combine rolled oats, oat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, combine pureed banana, vanilla and nondairy butter/canola oil until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until just-combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (should have 12 bundles). Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. These taste great warm out of the oven! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yield: 12 bundles
P.S. If you didn’t notice in the title, this is my 100th post! In honor of that, I’d just like to say that I’ve enjoyed running this blog for the past 100 posts and I appreciate everyone who visits the site, especially when you leave a comment. I love to hear from you! I’m looking forward to the next 100 posts.