You’ve probably noticed by now that I make pancakes a lot. This recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking is one of my favorites.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for greasing the skillet
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add wet to dry, and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes. Lightly grease with oil and reduce heat to medium-low. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook for 4 minutes or until bubbles form. Turn and cook for another minute or so. Place on a cooling rack and cover with foil to keep warm. Serve with maple syrup.
Yield: 6-8 pancakes